Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 8 EOC: Creative Content

I intend to employ a number of options to satisfy the Creative Content requirement component of the Final Project.

LOGO
I will of course begin the creative endeavor with the creation of the business name, and a logo appropriate for the name. I will also attempt to create a slogan or two, preferably set to a melody I can sing or hum. I will then use the logo in additional graphics, and the slogan(s) in a commercial jingle, as described below.

MENU
I want to create a menu. I like the idea of identifying the various potential food offerings my restaurant will prepare, and then creating a menu which will showcase them. I want to incorporate the logo into the design of the menu, as well as photographs of the food. I have years of experience with restaurants, including the opening of one. I have been involved in every step of the process, from menu creation to restaurant design and decor. If all goes according to plan, I intend to actually prepare some of the recipe candidates at home, tasting and photographing along the way. The photos I take should be suitable for use in the menu.

BILLBOARD & TRUCK GRAPHICS
I am fluent in Photoshop, and I will use the tool to create a graphic (or graphics) featuring a mascot and the logo. I will then superimpose this graphic onto photographs of a billboard and a truck, adding copy and detail, as required. I might even attempt creating a uniform, time permitting.

COMMERCIAL
Finally, I will create a radio-friendly commercial spot, or spots (30-second, 90-second, etc.). I will record myself as the announcer, the mascot, and any additional characters required. I will also provide a musical jingle, and any sound design needed to support the concept.