Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Week 6 EOC: Me x3


Three Products That Define Who I Am

iPhone 6+
 
I have been a fan of the iPhone since the beginning. Once I picked one up, and realized I understood everything about it intuitively, I was hooked. I am currently on my fourth iPhone, which is the iPhone 6+. I resisted getting it for a while. The screen seemed so large it was almost grotesque, and I was sure it would not fit comfortably in my pocket. But as before, once it was in my hands I knew I had to have it. I am now to the point that I don’t know how I was able to use such a small screen before, and it fits perfectly in my pocket. I hate using the phone, but love the apps. They allow me to be me.

 

Music Collection
My music collection isn’t exactly a product, so I’ll use the hard drive the collection resides on to describe it. It is a 3TB Seagate External Hard Drive. I use it to manage a collection of music that exceeds 120,000 songs. I have been a lifelong music lover, and the collection encompasses all genres of music. I add to it regularly.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Vizio 80” TV

I love the theater experience, especially when I can have it in the convenience of my own home! I moved recently, and have had to purchase to new furnishings. I abandoned a 106” projection screen system with the old house, and opted to buy a VIZIO M-Series 80" Class Ultra HD FullArray LED Smart TV for the new house. As far as systems go, LED beats projection on many levels, assuming the same size screen can be acquired. I no longer require a nearly complete dark environment to watch television, I don’t lose half of my image when someone’s head moves in front of the projector, and I no longer have to replace lamps at $500 a pop when they fail. In fact, the VIZIO requires very little power, or the related power cost, to operate. The VIZIO has four times the pixels of my old HD system. It is a smart TV, and comes equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi, a six-core processor. I can also browse and stream content from Netflix and others straight from the TV. Once settled into the new place, I expect to host parties to enjoy movies and/or TV shows.